16: Free Cars for Everyone!
Published 16 March 2013 • Hosted by Branden Maynes and Daniel “Jelly” Farrelly
Simcity continues having problems, Google Reader gets tossed out in Google’s latest spring cleaning, Veronica Mars kickstarter campaign launches, and succeeds within 10 hours, Microsoft gets slapped with a huge fine for accidentally not offering users a choice of browser in Europe, and Apple joins Amazon in applying for patents to resell digital content.
Meanwhile, BEES! Also, Jelly feels good about not having purchased the new Simcity, while Bean plugs GOG again for being awesome and having Simcity 2000 on the cheap. Oh, and just so you know, the free car offer is only available to those standing in a specific 2 metre square area in southern Luxembourg whilst listening to this episode.
- SimCity response (Ars Technica)
- A second spring of cleaning (Google Blog)
- RIP: Google Reader Meets Its Inevitable End (Wired)
- Google: Keep Google Reader Running (Change.org)
- Where should we go when Google Reader is put out to pasture? (Ars Technica)
- The Veronica Mars Movie Project (Kickstarter)
- EU fines Microsoft 561 million (Ars Technica)
- Apple follows Amazon with patent for resale of e-books & music (Ars Technica)