23: You Could See Real Life in 3D
Published 4 May 2013 • Hosted by Branden Maynes and Daniel “Jelly” Farrelly
Microsoft makes Skype available as part of Outlook.com; a new trailer for Pacific Rim drops at WonderCon that gives us new insights into the movie; IMAX announces that it’s getting into private theatre installations; a new video is released that demonstrates the full potential of Microsoft’s Illumiroom tech; Google Glass is rooted, and turned into a surveillance system, with some serious privacy consequences.
Meanwhile, Jelly tells us all about his favourite number (and his favourite words), and Bean works on his dramatic movie trailer voice. Also the boys invent the next stage of wearable virtual reality tech.
- Microsoft Makes Skype Available From Within Browsers (Gizmodo)
- Pacific Rim Trailer (YouTube)
- Del Toro Explains GLaDOS Voice in Pacific Rim (IGN)
- IMAX Introduces Home Theater Systems (SlashFilm)
- IMAX Private Theatre
- Microsoft Research's Illumiroom (Ars Technica)
- Rooting exploit for Google Glass (Ars Technica)