43: It Looks Like a Clown Smurfed
Published 21 September 2013 • Hosted by Branden Maynes and Daniel “Jelly” Farrelly
It looks like everyone wants to get in on the logo redesigns, as Bing announces their new look; Steam borrows the dead-in-the-water Xbox feature, Family Sharing; a quiet update to Apple’s App Store allows users to download older versions of Apps that are compatible with their iOS version; Riddick hits Australian cinemas and Jelly’s hoping it’s good, or at least better than Chronicles of Riddick; Roland Emmerich announces his plans to reboot Stargate; and Warner Brothers and J.K. Rowling announce a spinoff to the Harry Potter franchise, based on a textbook from within the series’ universe.
Meanwhile, Jelly defends the Brony lifestyle choice and Bean uncovers the twist ending to the Harry Potter spinoff film. Also, the boys consider rebranding to be like all the big tech companies.
- Bing gets a new logo and modern design to take on Google (The Verge)
- Yahoo's New Logo Is Boring, and That's the Whole Point (Gizmodo)
- Is Google revamping its logo? (Ars Technica)
- Valve: 'Family Sharing' (Ars Technica)
- Apple resurrects old app versions to run on old iOS hardware (Ars Technica)
- 'Riddick' review: still angry after all these years (The Verge)
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury (IMDb)
- Roland Emmerich plans to reboot 'Stargate' as a film trilogy (The Verge)
- 'Harry Potter' spin-off movie series announced, written by J.K. Rowling (The Verge)
- We've Got A Wild Theory About The New Harry Potter Movie (Kotaku)