46: Heads up, Your House is Burning Down
Published 12 October 2013 • Hosted by Branden Maynes and Daniel “Jelly” Farrelly
EA announces that it’s “looking into” offline mode for SimCity, and announces the first expansion pack, Cities of the Future featuring maglev trains… and drugs; Samsung announces the Galaxy Gear and the Galaxy Round, and they rip off Apple’s original iPhone ad in the process; and Nest announces the Nest Protect, a smart smoke and CO alarm that talks and responds to motion.
Meanwhile, Bean reveals the third member of his “top three actors that should be in everything” list, and Jelly raves about home automation; Also, neither of the boys listen to anything the other is saying.
- EA finally 'exploring the possibility' of offline mode for SimCity (Ars Technica)
- The first 'SimCity' expansion takes the game into the future (The Verge)
- Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch review (T3)
- Samsung's First Galaxy Gear Spot Looks A Lot Like An iPhone Ad (Gizmodo)
- Was Samsung's Galaxy Gear Spot Inspired By Apple's iPhone 'Hello'? (TechCrunch)
- Samsung's Galaxy Round is the first phone with a curved display (The Verge)
- Life with Nest Protect (Nest)
- Security (xkcd)