19: Inherently Skeptical of Movie Video Games
Published 6 April 2013 • Hosted by Branden Maynes and Daniel “Jelly” Farrelly
EA shifts blame for the lack of offline play in Simcity onto Maxis; BBC announces the return of David Tennant and Billie Piper for the 50th Anniversary special of Doctor Who; Disney shuts down LucasArts and two Star Wars games along with it; the original screenplay for “The Star Wars” gets the graphic novel treatment from Dark Horse; a sweet little throwback trailer for Star Trek: the Video Game is released; and Tell Tale releases Poker Night 2.
Meanwhile, the boys discuss Branden’s opinions on Amy and the Doctor’s companions in general, and Jelly talks at length about Star Wars even though he claims to not really care for it that much. Also, a whole lot of reminiscing about old LucasArts games.
- EA Exec says always-online came from Maxis (Game Informer)
- Guess Who's Back For Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary? (Gizmodo)
- Doctor Who 50th Anniversary: David Tennant & Billie Piper to Return (Screen Rant)
- Doctor Who: Time Crash (YouTube)
- First Filming Photo From Doctor Who Anniversary Special (SPOILERS)
- Disney Shuts Down LucasArts (Kotaku)
- Dark Horse to adapt original 'The Star Wars' script into comic series (The Verge)
- The Very Different 'Star Wars' of George Lucas' First Draft (Hollywood.com)
- 46 Years Later, The Gorn Gets A Rematch With Captain Kirk (Gizmodo)
- Poker Night 2 (Game Informer)